Monday, January 7, 2019

Beginnings

This blog is intended to be a writing tool, a motivtor of sorts. The idea is to post at least a single short story of at least one page in length a week, minimum. I've always desired to be a writer, but the act of sitting down and writing has always come with difficulty. I once saw someone speaking, disparagingly, of NaNoWriMo that 'writers do not need a motivator to write. They simply sit down and write. ' While these words come off as unessisarily harsh and more than a little 'gate-keeper' to the act of writing and motivation, I'd be lying if they didn't strike me when i heard them and continue with me to this day. This blog is here for me to take that, albiet unwarranted, criticism and move past it. I'm going to teach myself to sit down and write.

It's also a learning exercise. Again I wish to be a writer, and while I have plenty of loose ideas, characters, disperate world building, I struggle with plot. A to B to C. This blog will help be hone that skill, ideally. Here I will craft my, you know, craft. Teach myself to write stories, learn how to tell tales. No better wy to learn something than by doing, so here I'm going to learn how to be a story teller by telling stories.

So hello, my name is Will, I don't know what brought you here, but I'm glad you're here all the same. Hopefully I can entertin you during your stay, and I'm honored to have you here with me on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment