Tuesday, November 5, 2019

NaNoWriMo2019 - Progress Report 11/05

3082 words! Woo! I am feeling very good right now! As I was thinking of this first opening fight, I didn't expect to fall so in love with the characters. All day today while I couldn't write do to work or other obligations (you all better have voted if you're in the US) I couldn't help but design backstories for Kuran and Elenra. I'll likely be using them again in the future. The two were really just supposed to be throwaway characters to introduce the tournament before Wilhelm's introduction. Elenra's ability to cast spells was a completely spontaneous decision, though giving them that ability and a lot of dedication to describing their spell casting means I had to give Kuran the actual win. Seems only fair.

Speaking of Elenra, they proved to be a challenge. They're not the first gender neutral or fluid character I have made, Lane's character backstory was posted here some months ago, but I still find myself slipping on pronouns while writing. It's something I'm training myself to stop doing, and I hope to be better as time goes on. As I progress through NaNoWriMo I'm going to do my best to keep myself from going back and doing edits, so please if you ever see me use an improper pronoun for one of my characters point it out and I will correct it immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment