Monday, November 4, 2019

NaNoWriMo 2019

The writing blog has be a wonderful failure at getting me to write! Not that it's the blog's fault, of course, being an incorporeal collection of data on some server somewhere. I'm not making excuses, I lacked the motivation to stick to my challenge. Life, etc. I'm not giving up though, this blog was made for the express purpose of forming a habitual writing cycle, and that is what it shall do. All I need is to light a new fire under my ass, and thus I am announcing...

NaNoWriMo 2019!

Fanfare, fireworks, yada yada.

So I started this blog by mentioning NaNoWriMo, if you remember. How an unnamed author's remarks about it, coerced out of them as they were, struck me hard. Well it's time to put those words to bed by stepping up and taking part in this years NaNoWriMo. I haven't actually participated in years but now I'm taking the plunge. Now, I hear you thinking (yes I can read your mind) 'NaNoWriMo started four days ago, aren't you a little late to the party?' And yes, yes I am. I had an extended holiday with my fiance and was unable to start until today. A great weekend by the way, I highly recommend getting a fiance, they're great. Starting late just means I'm going to have to write more... Even more so since I'm starting way later than I wanted to today (can't blame that on a holiday.)

So, my plan is to participate in NaNoWriMo, post it all here, as well as document and log my word count and progression. I have a rough, very rough, idea of what I want to write and where I want it to go, the road there is gonna be long and I imagine we'll hit a few bumps along the way. I'm gonna stick to it, though, and hey who knows I might even finish the damn thing. Would be nice.

So, fire lit and my ass is heating up, let's go.

No comments:

Post a Comment